anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Newnan Georgia









We are now moved to Newnan, Georgia. It was a crazy move as I was still recovering from having a baby and we found out that we would be moving here two weeks before we needed to be here!
I am not sure if I have ever explained why we are moving so much! Chad's job in construction management is one where you have to move to wherever the work is. Chad has now worked on three hospitals, one in Greer SC, Charleston SC and now Newnan GA. So those are the three places that we have lived. This job seams to be the door that God has led Chad into in order to provide for us. It has been a huge blessing in a lot of ways. I am able to stay home and take care of our boys, and that is the biggest blessing. Also we have met some amazing friends and have learned a lot from the different people we have met. In our minds we want so badly to be able to settle somewhere and Chad would love to go to seminary. But we don't understand all that God is doing and we don't have to. We are learning to submit to that. God has given so much more than we could ever ask. The most wonderful is Himself. We can know Him because of Jesus and that is enough to satisfy every need and want. That is the most valuable thing and can never be taken away.
As we are trying to find a new church family and got a little discouraged about it, Chad reminded me that the biggest reason we go to church is to worship God. And we worship God because He is worthy of it. It is not about feeling good about ourselves, having a spiriual feeling or even to socialize and meet people here. I started to want to find church in order to make friends here so bad that I was forgetting the biggest reason why we even go to church. God is our Maker, friend, Father, Savior, Light, Redeemer, He loves us and saved us from more than we even understand. He is worth our worship. It is about Him and not us. I know God will bless us with friends and I can already tell there are some really neat people here. It really helped me to have a new perspective as we are hoping to find a church and find fellowship with other believers.

Through all this moving, I am definitely learning once more how dependant on God I am. He is so good. I am humbled at how much I try to be in control and plan and the whole time give into so much worry. I have so much growing to do but I am excited to learn and for God to continue to change me.
Here are some pictures of my two beautiful babies in our new little apartment. Isaac has adjusted really well and loves his new room. I am enjoying the weather this fall so much. It has been so beautiful. Declan is growing so fast and is doing so well! We are so happy to add him to our family! I love being a family of four!!!

2 comments:

Aaron and Jennifer said...

I know how moving is! We will have been married 5 years in December and have lived in 4 different cities! We have finally bought a house here in Gastonia, so Lord willing, we will be staying here for awhile! It is hard having to make friends again in a local church...it takes effort to reach out and pursue fellowship with others. I understand where you are coming from! :)

Julie said...

wow, Jennifer, you two have moved a lot! I am so happy for you that you bought a house! It looks soo nice from your pictures! I'm sure you are having fun decorating. I am praying for you and these next precious babies. It has encourged me so much to read your story on your blog. You two are doing such am amazing job with everything. You are so beautiful to!