anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 30, 2013

Uncertainty and waiting

These past weeks have been full of questions as to where we will be in the next months. There are three different places I could be when I deliver our baby girl. I have been struggling especially the past two days as I make plans to schedule three different prenatal check-ups in three different places.. Two of which will have to be canceled once we get more answers. Months ago I was excited about how God was going to provide and plan for this birth. I had such a sense of trust that I just knew He is going to wow us and bless us as we meet our daughter. I still believe this, God help my unbelief. A new friend that I have made in just the past weeks sent me an e-mail today with these greatly encouraging quotes... I needed to hear them: 

From Samuel Rutherford - excerpts from his letters called "The Loveliness of Christ": 




"My shallow and ebb thoughts are not the compass Christ saileth by.  I leave his ways to himself, for they are far, far above me.  There are windings, and to's and fro's in his ways, which blind bodies like us cannot see."

And also "Neither need we fear crosses, or sigh, or be sad for anything that is on this side of heaven, if we have Christ."



Mathew 6: 25 "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin,
29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34 "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."








  1. God moves in a mysterious way
    His wonders to perform;
    He plants His footsteps in the sea
    And rides upon the storm.
  2. Deep in unfathomable mines
    Of never failing skill
    He treasures up His bright designs
    And works His sov’reign will.
  3. Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
    The clouds ye so much dread
    Are big with mercy and shall break
    In blessings on your head.
  4. Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
    But trust Him for His grace;
    Behind a frowning providence
    He hides a smiling face.
  5. His purposes will ripen fast,
    Unfolding every hour;
    The bud may have a bitter taste,
    But sweet will be the flow’r.
  6. Blind unbelief is sure to err
    And scan His work in vain;
    God is His own interpreter,
    And He will make it plain.

1 comment:

bethany said...

Beautiful quotes. Gorgeous flowers! Let His peace rule in your sweet heart, my dear one. I am with you in spirit.