Isaac in the Hospital
Isaac's Birth Story:
Praise our glorious and wonderful God! Monday September 22 at 12:56 pm our precious baby boy was born. This was completely a surprise, as his due date was November 19th. I started feeling a lot of pain Friday night as Chad and I walked on the beach and ...ate ice cream near our new location in Mt Pleasant SC. I figured it was just my stretching ligaments as my tummy was growing so I tried to take it easy. Sunday after Church I started feeling the pain again and it hurt a lot more. I tried to go to sleep that night and did fall asleep until about 4 am the next morning. I woke up in a lot more pain and started to worry that something was wrong. I tried to go back to sleep but ended up having to get up it hurt so bad. I took a bath and just did not think it would be possible that I could be in labor since I was only 31 weeks along. When I started counting the time I realized there really was a rhythm to the pains coming and going! So by 6am I called the doctor that I had just set up a couple days before! ( we just moved in the last Saturday and by the way still have boxes everywhere!) God is so good to show His faithfulness to take care of me! I am so thankful there was a doctor i could call who had my records. If this had happened a few days earlier I would have had to just go to the ER. They had me come in and I was so thankful that Chad decided to take me and be with me b/c when I got there, they checked me and told me that I was already 8 centimeters and that the baby would come any time! It was so overwhelming b/c right away they sent for an ambulance and told me not to get up! I was scared b/c they did a Ultrasound and it showed that our baby was breech (feet down) and that they would have to do a C-section asap. I just bursted into tears:( just because it was so overwhelming and so surprising! I was still getting used to the idea that we would have a baby soon and had/have so much to do to get ready for him! They rushed me to East Cooper Hospital that was next door to the doctor's office that I was in. They thought I would have to deliver there b/c my water could break any minute and that could be very dangerous because the baby was breech. But by God's grace they were able to slow down my labor enough to transfer me again in an ambulance to MUSC Hospital in down town Charleston( this was so good b/c they have a very good NNICU that Isaac would have to be rushed to right away if I were to deliver at East Cooper (which I did not want b/c then they would take him from us right after delivery and I would not be able to go until I recovered.) We were able to get there (with him still in me!) It was very very overwhelming b/c all sorts of doctors met us there with all sorts of questions and things to hook me up to:( They rushed me right away into surgery to get the baby out. It was a horrible experience and I had very bad chest pain during the C-section. But Chad was able to wear scrubs and sit right next to my head and he was able to watch them pull little Isaac out. We were amazed! Chad got to go look at him in the NNICU while they finished the surgery so he went and took pictures of him to show me. I was so anxious to see him. Isaac seams to be okay and so am I. He is very cute and very sweet! We are feeling so much love for him:) We were so thankful that I have been able to hold him 2 hours straight each shift and am enjoying it so much! They call it the kangaroo hold (which I think is so cute!)- where they slip him down my shirt, skin to skin with just a little diaper on him and I can do this 2 hrs each shift. He is hooked up to all shorts of machines. Thankfully He was able to come off the oxygen in the first 24 hours and I have been able to pump breast milk for him starting from the beginning. He now just needs to develop and grow stronger, learn how to eat on his own and breath at the same time and keep his temperature up on his own. We are not sure how long he will have to stay in the NNICU, maybe a month. He is very small and is truly a little miracle. As we look at each finger we can't help but marvel at how mighty and wonderful of a creator God is. Everything is the complete opposite of our plans for his birth- we wanted to stick to a birth plan, have him naturally, have special music ready and nice aroma therapy! I had special baby blanket I wanted him to use..ect We are praising God because he has showed us more of how weak we are. I felt completely out of control of everything that was happening. He is in control of our lives and truly is good in all that happens. I felt totally dependent on Him to take care of us both. We praise Him that Isaac is alive and doing well. I am thrilled to be able to meet him even though he is not supposed to be here yet:( I want him to still be in my tummy but I am trying to trust that God has a perfect plan. Thank you to all who prayed for us and to those who are rejoicing with us!

1 comment:
Post a Comment